Ouroux en Morvan is situated in the heart of Burgundy at a height of nearly 600 meters (1800 feet).
The village has 650 inhabitants and offers:
- a Boulangery,
- a small Supermarket VIVAL
- a fine wine cave Barbotte
- a Post office with a cash dispenser and a Tourist information
- a Pharmacy
- a Garage with Gas station
- a French Brasserie and an Hotel/Restaurant
- a Tennis court
- a Fishing Lake
- a Pump track court (mountainbike)
- Many hicking trails
It is a friendly and lively genuine French village in the middle of the woodlands of the Morvan.
Parc du Morvan is an area of natural beauty in Burgundy, which, because of its mild climate is an attraction in all seasons. This hilly countryside with many forests and meadows, seperated by lovely winding country roads is an ideal place for those seeking peace and tranquility, for nature lovers and hikers but also for those keen on mountain biking, cycling and fishing.